My name is Kemi Amusan (Lady Kay). Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve the community. I am a woman of integrity that has been serving the community selflessly for over 10 years in different capacities. I have presented myself to serve as the PRESIDENT of this great organization because I know I HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER. I know the community. I can do it. The community needs a strong, bold, versatile leader like me, Kemi Amusan at this point. I humbly submit that I have been tested and I have proved myself to the community in different capacities that have prepared me for the role of the leader of the Nigerian Community in the GTA. Some of those roles are enumerated below:
1. Treasurer of Nigerian Canadian Association for two terms (NCA).
2. General Secretary of Nigerian Canadian Association, GTA.
3. General Secretary and one of the three founders of Nigerian Professionals and Business Networks.
4. General Secretary and founder of Osun State Descendants in Canada (OSDIC).
5. Worldwide Administrative Secretary, Oodua Progressive Union (OPU Headquarters).
6. National General Secretary Oodua Progressive Union (OPU) Canada Chapter.
7. Member of Managing Business for Christ.
8. Columnist (ASK LADY KAY) in Diasporan Wazobian (now the Diaspora Quarterly Magazine)by Madam Abike Dabiri.
9. Host – AGBAJO OWO – An online Yoruba program.
10. Host – ASK LADY KAY – An online English program.
11. Lead Associate – Global Women Ambassadors Inc, Canada. (I have organized and facilitated many socio-cultural, entrepreneurship, immigration, educative, empowerment programs for women while ensuring we stay close to our mantra or ‘Building the community, one family at a time’ in this role).
My plans for NCA are summarized below:
1. Unity of all Nigerians in Ontario irrespective of tribe or religion.
2. Ensuring a robust and active socio-political presence both in Nigeria and Canada.
3. Providing a plain platform for all well-meaning Nigerians to contribute their quota to the development of the community.
4. Work with the executives and BoD members to make the Nigerian community a formidable force to be reckoned with in Canada.
5. Liaise with the African community to build a Naija house. Currently we have information on how to build a Nigerian House worth over a hundred million dollars ($100,000,000.00) – yes we can do it and we will do it.
6. Open avenues for investment opportunities between Nigerian Canadians, Nigerian government and Canadian government and entrepreneurs – investment forums will be organized.
7. Promote true Nigerian Arts and Culture through different socio-culturally programs.
8. Liaise with different bodies to provide services for new immigrants, mentorship programs etc.
9. Continuing to focus on the welfare of elders and support them.
10. Reach out to the youths and ensure they are part of NCA in a way that they will be able to carry on the legacies we are building now.
11. I will ensure that the community is positively robust again and get students actively engaged.
12. I will work with professionals in the social services field to seek funds through grants and other avenues possible.
NCA TORONTO used to be a loving, rallying point for all Nigerians. We will return to the original ideas of our elders and make the community versatile and a platform that all Nigerians will benefit from.
A vote for Lady Kay is a vote for a brand new NCA that will answer the questions you have been asking. Vote for me, vote HONESTLY, TRANSPARENCY, HARDWORK, PURPOSEFUL COMMUNITY DIRECTION, SELFLESSNESS, REBUILDING AND REBRANDING of the Nigerian Community in the GTA.
KEMI AMUSAN (LADY KAY)